3 Reasons Why You need to Treat Your WaterDecember 26, 2016
A few Things You Need to Know about Basement LoweringJanuary 18, 2017
The beginning of the year is a great time to make plans, especially if they are related to home improvement. But, despite the burst of energy and eagerness to do a lot of things right now, when it comes to works around the house, you should do try to find the right time for every project. Here’s the seasonal list – what is the best time for every type of home improvement. Be sure to bookmark it so that you can reach it easily.
The first thing on the agenda is making sure that your home is warm and comfortable, so you need to:
- Get your furnace, fireplace, and other heating devices inspected – they need to be in excellent condition.
- Inspect the weather stripping around your windows and doors and replace it where needed.
- Inspect the sealing around your pipes to make sure they won’t get clogged by water turned into ice.
- Get your attic and basement insulated if needed.
With weather improving, you can now start to prepare for summer:
- Reseal the deck, especially if last year’s summer sun took its toll on it.
- Fertilize your lawn to get it in perfect shape by summer.
- Paint the exterior of your home if needed or repair small dents and paint chippings.
Top priorities now – your garden and keeping your home cool:
- Inspect your air conditioning to make sure it’s working properly.
- Prune your trees.
- Clean your BBQ and auxiliary tools.
- Fill gaps and cracks in the asphalt: the hot weather will ensure the cement will dry quickly.
This is the season to prepare for the cold weather to come:
- Clean the gutters in order to prevent them from getting clogged by leaves, which, in turn, can create water damage in your basement.
- Inspect the roof to make sure it’s not missing any tiles.
- Inspect your snow blower.
- Clean an store your outdoor furniture.