Detecting the Moisture in Basement Problem
- Condensation on the ceiling, walls, floors, or windows
- Damp and humid air in the basement
- Stains or water marks on the walls or floor
- Deteriorating carpets or wood applications throughout the basement
- Mould or mildew near the ceiling
- Rotting columns or headers in older designs
- Standing water on the floor
- Water trickling from the ceiling or down walls
Common Causes for Moisture in Basement Areas
Bad Gutters and Rain Diversion
The window wells can also be an avenue of an external leak. If the base of the well slopes into the wall, there’s a higher chance of basement flooding or moisture collection. Old window wells can also leak and collect water that penetrates the window.
Sump Pump Problems
MT Drains has one of the finest waterproofing services in the greater Toronto area. Our technicians can quickly inspect the problem and provide free quotes on waterproofing and construction services to fix the problem.