How Do Area Drains Work?
- Slope drains allow water to flow in a downward direction.
- Subsurface drains (a.k.a. French drains) remove excess water below the soil.
- Surface drains remove the excess water on the surface via channels and ditches.
- Gutter and spout systems protect against stormwater oversaturation.
Common Signs That Your Area Drains Need Cleaning
If you notice any of the problems below, you may have a clogged area drain.
- Backups and overflow
- Pooling water in low-lying areas
- Oil sheen in areas of your yard
- Slow water drainage
- Excess trash and debris
- Smelly odours (often fishy)
Professional Area Drainage System Cleaning and Maintenance for Homes in the GTA
Mechanical Catch Basin Cleaning
Contact GTA’s Area Drain Cleaning Experts Today for Service
At MT Drains & Plumbing, we provide expert drain cleaning services to protect your home from water damage and costly repairs. Our technicians will keep your storm drain functioning properly so that you don’t have to worry about flooding, clogging, or other drainage issues—and they’ll do it with a smile!